This is a simple mash that can be used in place of your normal potato mash, and add a tremendous taste change to your normal everyday meals.
- ½ butternut squash, mashed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp butter
- splash of milk
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place the squash in a pan full of cold water with a teaspoon of salt.
- Bring to the boil and cook for 10-15 minutes. Drain and place back in the pan.
- With a potato masher or ricer, mash the squash.
- Add the butter, milk, salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste, and serve.