Blackberry fruit in various states of ripeness
- The blackberry is an edible fruit produced by any of several species in the Rubus genus of the Rosaceae family.
- The fruit is not a true berry; botanically it is termed an aggregate fruit.
- The plants typically have biennial canes and perennial roots.
- Blackberries and raspberries are also called caneberries or brambles.
- It is a widespread, and well known group of over 375 species, many of which are closely related apomictic microspecies native throughout the temperate Northern hemisphere and South America.
Blackberry 'Black Butte '