|Onion 'Red Baron'|
- Bulb vegetables are those varieties of vegetable that are not eaten directly on their own, rather, they are used in food dishes to enhance the flavour of the food.
- Most of the bulb vegetables are structured in the shape of a bulb, wherein all its nutrients are stored.
- The nutrients provided by these vegetables are immense as they are believed to be essential to gain healthy skin and eyes, and also for the proper functioning of the central nervous system.
- The most known bulb vegetables are onion, chive, spring onion and garlic.
- These bulb vegetables are said to be medicinal, especially onion and garlic.
- While onion is called the magic bulb, garlic is often referred to as the wonder drug.
- Since ancient times, bulb vegetables are used as medicines because of their quality of curing diseases like high blood pressure and even prevention of cancer.
List of bulb vegetables
- Elephant Garlic
- Florence Fennel
- Welsh Onion or Scallions (spring onion)